Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Release day for DARK JENNY

Today is the official release day for the third Eddie LaCrosse novel, DARK JENNY. It drops as a trade paperback, e-book for all the usual platforms, and audiobook, read once again by Stefan Rudnicki.

And how, you ask, does this novel stack up to the previous ones?

"Bledsoe skillfully combines humor, action, deduction, and emotion to make the material fresh and engaging for fans of both fantasy and noir." --Publishers Weekly starred review

"Bledsoe’s clever combination of noir and myth makes for an engaging story, and placing investigator Eddie at the center offers a fresh twist."--Booklist starred review

"The third Eddie LaCrosse adventure delivers a skewed version of the King Arthur legend that is at once both tongue-in-cheek and strangely powerful."--Library Journal

"Dark Jenny is unlike any fantasy novel I have ever read before."--Bookworm Blues

"Bledsoe's latest is a superb work of fantasy; he treats the Arthurian Legend template with respect, and does some great imaginative updates."--The Agony Column

"Dark Jenny is a lot like the movie Clue on a twisted date with The Princess Bride."--The World in the Satin Bag

"(It can) heal the sick, raise the dead, make the little girls talk outta their heads."--Jerry Lee Lewis (okay, he was talking about himself, but I like to quote the Killer whenever possible)

DARK JENNY is available at all major online and brick-and-mortar outlets.

5 comments:

JKB said...

Happy release day, Alex!

Go Dark Jenny Go!

Alison said...

Happy Release Day!!!

ediFanoB said...

Happy Release Day!
Can#t wait to put my nose into the book. Expect delivery of my reviewer copy within the next days.

Jeff S. said...

I wanted you to know I purchased a copy of Dark Jenny on release day as I know how important first week sales numbers are. I'm a quarter of the way into the book now and love it as much as the first two books. I really enjoy Eddie's take on life.

I will note that I initially had a hard time finding it in the Borders store by my house. One of the ones not closing. Instead of shevling it under Bledsoe they shelved it under Jenny. Sigh... and they wonder why they're in financial trouble. Well I moved the copies over to the correct place in the Scifi/Fantasy department. I was back in the store last night and I saw they only had one copy left so I know another had sold because their were three copies there on release day that I had seen.

Anyway I hope sales are good for you and I will be back for Eddie Book 4 whenever that comes out.

Thanks,
Jeff

Alex Bledsoe said...

Jeff:

Thanks for looking out for me! I appreciate it, and I'm glad you're enjoying the book so far.