Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Publishers Weekly on "Blood Groove"

The review was mixed, and contained at least one glaring factual error (the book was not originally released by Night Shade; they're thinking of The Sword-Edged Blonde)*, but they did give me this jewel:

"Bledsoe . . . employs a suave, creepy style that suits the story."

Suave and creepy. I'll take that. It is a vampire novel, after all.

Read the whole review here; scroll about three-quarters of the way down.

-----
* Thanks to the diligence of my wonderful agent, as of 2/21/09 this error has been corrected in the online version.

1 comment:

Deborah Blake said...

Ouch.

My 2nd book from Llewellyn just got a "this isn't terrible but I liked her 1st book better" review (from someone I like, damn it). Suddenly I feel better about it.

Oh, well, at least you got a NYT review, right?

Are any of the reviewer's complaints on target, or did he/she just not get the story?